Tuesday, 25 September 2018

Faulty gas appliances can cause carbon monoxide poisoning, a highly poisonous gas that you can’t see, smell or taste, and can led to serious illness or even death. It is estimated around 40 people die from carbon monoxide poisoning every year and 4000 people attend A&E departments with suspected CO related illnesses.

Therefore, bwml.co.uk believe it is vital that people know the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and what to do if you suspect someone has it. They say spotting it quickly can make a huge difference and the 6 main indications are:

  • Headaches
  • Nausea
  • Breathlessness
  • Collapsing
  • Dizziness
  • Loss of consciousness

If these symptoms occur and you suspect someone has a CO related illness, it is advised that you quickly turn off all gas appliances and get them out into the fresh air. Additionally, make sure they see a doctor as soon as possible and call the gas emergency helpline: 0800 111 999.

The post Carbon Monoxide Poisoning appeared first on All At Sea.